Sunday, June 8, 2014

Introducing the Design Team - Day 4

Good morning an happy sunday!

I hope you're having a crafty weekend. I did a lot of crafting yesterday, but have to pause today because I'll be getting some new braids and have to sit for about 7 hours.
Okay, enough smalltalk, let's see why we're here - it's time to reveal the next Design Team Member.
I know she is VERY excited to be an "official" DT member now, hehe. 
Today we'd like to indroduce....

 *drummroll*




Tanja used to play along with our kis-challenges - that's how we found each other. When I started my cards-related facebook page Tanja was the first who said welcome and we got in contact. From that day on we were in contact nearly every day and we became some kind of online-friends. :) She's lovely, creative and she has her very own style - I have never seen something close to that before.

Please give her a warm welcome to this new adventure!


Name, Age, Location:

Tanja, 42, somewhere between Hanover and Hamburg, Germany.


Hi Tanja, glad you join us! Take a seat, get comfy. May I offer you something? Coffee or cookies?

Hi Christine – I'm happy to be here! OOOH yes, coffee with milk please. I’m a coffeine-junkie *lol*

Okay, you know why you’re here: People want to know everything about you. Let’s start with something simple:
You’re a paper crafter. When did you start and how did it happen?

Window Murals, silk painting, window color. But then, I guess 20 years ago, I visited a craft fair and bought my first rubber stamp. This was the start of all. From time to time I had a break but since a couple of years I can't stop. *lol*

What kind of projects are your favorite? And why?

Definitely cards. They have a good size. I sometimes make something else, for example a bookmark or a box (if it's necessary for a challenge).

Is there one technique that you use more often than others?

I'm not fixed. I think my cards are versatile. Today this,  tomorrow that.  But I like paper piecing and coloring with copics very much.

If you look at other people’s projects: What amazes you and what makes you frown?

I can't really describe it. When I see a project, it's an impulse. I think "oh my gosh it's amazing" or not.  It doesn't depend on the technique or style.

You’ve been paper crafting for quite a while. Is there a lesson you learned that you’d like to share with our readers?

Find your own way and style. Pick some inspiration but don't try to copy it. It’s important to be true to yourself.  There's no need to go mainstream.

Good lesson! Let’s get to something personal. You live in Nienhagen. What’s your favorite spot there and why do you think people should visit this place?

Im sure other people think my village Nienhagen is boring. Maybe they are right. But I love it. Its green everywhere, most people known each other. When I go to the bakery for example and I forgot my money it's not a proplem. I pay the next day. You know what I mean?  Kitschy - right?

What is a characteristic that describes you the best?

I'm an optimist. Everything will be okay....someday ;-)

What else should people know about you?

Most in the world I love my two kids.
When I would like to make a card and it doesn’t work my day is done and I’m angry!!!
Almost all of my cards get a (black) border. Without this border they are not completed (in my opinion).
I’m glad to be a part of the crafty community. It means a lot to me and is so much fun every day.

Thanks for the interview Tanja, I’m so glad and honored you joined out little team!

Christine – I thank YOU, that I could be a part of this amazing team. I’m sooo proud!



Tanja made this adorable card using our monster freebie (did you notice there is NOT a black border around it? hehe!)



If you want to see more of her creations, ho over to her blog and become a follower!


3 comments:

  1. Fun card!!! I love the sentiment!!! I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card that sentiment is great. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete