You know we had that Guest Designer call for July last week. And we got so so so many awesome entries. I didn't find the time to comment on all of them - but I'll come around and do so!
Do you know what I loved MOST about this call?
It became a social event.
Many of you started visiting the other blogs, leaving lovely comments and wishing each other luck.
This is was such a fair and friendly competition that it made me proud of you - and proud of the thing WE do, also. I'd really love to say THANK YOU to all the applicants, the ones who commented, the ones who visited other blogs. Also a thank you to the supporters who did not play along but shared on their Facebook-page or where ever. Thank you all so much!
This really means a lot to me.
Well, we did have a hard decision, you know? There were fabulous entries and many cards that I fell in love with. I talked to the team, we picked out favorites, we talked even more and then we finally made a decision.
Our Guest Designer is: Cindy Lovell!!!
This birdy-card really stood out to me, don't you think it's fantabulous?!
I thought some of you might like to know how we make decisions like that. Here are some points that might be helpful:
- Great design. Simple, not cluttered, but with detail - that's what I love! (A tough combo!)
- Being able to play with different techniques (That's why I stalked blogs, hehe)
- Showing us that you really LOVE our images. It was so obvious Cindy want to get the best out of them!
- Great Photography! I found out that card that really catch my eye are usually the ones with the best photo. You want your projects to SHINE so take your time to take great photos! That makes a bigger difference than you might think.
- Fairplay. (You all did play fair - but really -this is something I'm looking for. People who's like to support each other!)
Well, you might realize that many of those points worked for most of the entries. But there was one more applicant who HIGHLY fits into that pattern. So we decided to already give away the spot for September also (We also have a special Guest for August, woohoo!).
Our Guest for September will be Anja Curvers!
Anja created quite a few cards for this challenge and they all were perfectly executed! Great design skills, good photos, nice comments for all the others. She really fits the team!
Congrats to you Ladies, we can't wait to be working with you!