Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Rainbow starburst



Hiya!

It's Linda here, and today I've got a card that's inspired by a childhood toy/favourite show of mine. Rainbow Bright--remember her?

Here are a couple of images to show you what I mean, in case you've never heard of her.





One of my daughters has a tshirt that's similar to that one on the right (with a different character), and I was inspired to try a starburst sort of pattern for todays card.

We're working with the lovely WOW embossing powders till the end of this month as well :)





I stamped and copic coloured all the stars, added some glitter to the big one (though you can't see it so well in this photo) THEN, for the outline, which I wanted to emboss, I turned my stamp over, and stamped the back side of it in versamark, before heat embossing it with Pastel Yellow WOW Embossing Powder.

Before I heatset the embossing powder, I rubbed off the central part, where the original stamped image was that I'd coloured in. This left a thick border around the outside (which is what I wanted). I love this effect! So fun.

What about you? Are you inspired by any childhood toys to create something? I might have to go back through some old photos to see if I can find any more that give me ideas :).

Well that's it for me! I do hope you'll come back soon, to see more inspiration from the design team!

See you next time!




2 comments:

  1. OMG I loved Rainbow Bright growing up. I had a Rainbow Bright Canopy bed for years and still have her doll and some of the stuffed Starlights! Love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete