Sunday, February 22, 2015

Having Fun with Florals

Hellooo everyone! Today, I'm sharing with you a card full of floral but a touch of simplicity to it.






I wanted to share a card that shows a different floral arrangement and how really simple watercolouring can be achieved.


I stamped out the smaller flowers using Ranger Archival black ink because it's waterproof on watercolour paper. I'm chosen to use Distress Markers because these are just small images and these markers would do just fine. 


I'm not doing anything fancy with the colouring. I've basically used the markers to shade on the darkest part of the flower. Then, I took my waterbrush to pull out the colours. This will give a nice fading out look.


To add some shimmer to my flowers, I used the Winsor & Newton Iredescent Medium as an alternative to Wink of Stella. I just brush them over all my flowers as how I would do if I have a Wink of Stella. This is a very cost effective product.


You can add as much or as little shimmer as you like.




Ranger Distress Ink Markers
Ranger Archival Black Ink
Waterbrush
Winsor & Newton Iredescent Medium
Pretty Pink Posh Gold Sequins






Sequins are great to cover up mistakes. One of my gold sequin is actually covering up a black in spot I had make by mistake ;) Look through your supplies, embellishments are handy in more than one way. 


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,
Marina

2 comments: