Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Guest Designer Julia Altermann Part 4

Hello lovely crafters,

it's time for some inspiration by Julia Altermann again. Unfortunately this is her last post for her as our July Guest Designer and we LOVED all her work. To keep updated on her journey and enjoy all her creations make sure to visit her blog Just One More Card  an subscribe to her Youtube Channel .

Thank you, Julia, for 4 weeks of fun - we enjoyed it a whole lot!

Let's see what she has for you:



I made this card when I read in the news that in the US, same-sex marriage was made legal all across the country. Even though I’m not a US citizen, I am so happy for my gay and lesbian friends who can finally enjoy the same rights as all other human beings – and I hope that we in Europe will not be far behind this amazing step in equal rights. I just found that the elephant could be used perfectly to blow the rainbow flag across the card :) 


I stamped the elephant at the very bottom of the card, since he looks like he’s just peeking across something or pulls himself up into the picture ;)

I used my pencil to draw in the area where the rainbow colors would go; I also used my pencil to divide up the area to make sure I could fit all the colors. Once I was sure about the placement, I used a Copic Multiliner to draw in the lines permanently.

For the coloring, I used three shades of each color group to go from dark to light and then colored to my heart’s content.



 
Work slowly. As with every clean and simple design, any errors will jump out. I know I tend to go outside the lines when coloring, so I took my time to make sure this wouldn’t happen.

To add a dimensional effect to a one layer card, add gray to the outside of the “flag”. It makes it pop a little more.

And for even more interest, find your white gel pen and add some dots. The always make a design more lively.








__________________________________

We hope you loved Julia's project as much as we do and you make sure to connect with her and her work.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to visit our blog!
Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed Julia's inspiration this month...yet ANOTHER awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, this is super super cool! :)

    ReplyDelete