Friday, July 31, 2015

Hugs!

Hello again!
Samantha here, and I'm back to share a sweet little card with one of my favorite Create a Smile critters!



This card is simple, and sweet, and also, slightly masculine! Yes, masculine, don't you think? I mean, look past the sequins and light feel of the vellum! I LOVE those greens together with the pop of browns on the little porcupine! :D

The sequins are basically just supposed to be more bokeh than 'shiny pretty girly' embellishments anyway! :D


To create this card, you'll need some distress inks and an ink blending tool!
- on a piece of white card stock, add your distress inks to the background. I started with the lightest shade of green that I had (Shabby Shutters) and worked that out until it sort of faded away. Then I added the darker green (Mowed Lawn) with a light hand, and just toward the bottom. And finally, I blended out the darker green with the light green again!


- once the blending was complete, I flicked on some water to make little light areas within the distressed/blended background!
- i stamped the critter onto some watercolor paper and then colored him with distress markers (Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs, I believe)
- i used a grass border punch with some vellum to ground the little porcupine.
- lastly, I hand cut the long, thin vellum banner and stamped the hugs sentiment and heart!


I used the ADORABLE Friends in the Woods and Your View stamp sets for this card!


Distress Ink blending is my FAVORITE! I love doing it! And you can create this similar card with different colors to create a set! You could also try to blend other ink brands (though, I haven't done it myself, I have seen videos of others using different inks and the results are also beautiful!).

   

Have you subscribed to the Create a Smile Stamps YouTube channel? It's filled with amazing inspiration and product close ups!!

Thanks again, for stopping by!
~Samantha

    

2 comments: