Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday Scrap Scenes with Terhi - Time for Two

Hello everyone, it's Terhi here with another Create A Smile scrapbook layout. It's summer here in the northern hemisphere, and I guess no one can spend the whole summer without ice-cream!




I got the idea from the cafeteria I visited earlier this summer. They had an amazing selection of home made ice-cream and the colors were mesmerizing! You never know from where to find inspiration.
The colors were the starting point to this layout, but the chipboards we have in Create A Smile Store were another source of inspiration. I chose to use "Time for Two" chipboard as my title, but during the creation process I decided to cut it to pieces to make it fit better on my page. How cool is that, you can cut the chipboards however you want to!



I used Skinny Chevron Stencil to create the green arrows around the picture on my layout. To make sure the pattern looked arrows and not chevrons, I used washi tape to hide part of the stencil. Super easy and cheap trick to make several unique patterns with one single stencil
You'll find the video below to see the whole process.




Process video, here you go! 
If you prefer to watch it on my YouTube channel, it's here: https://youtu.be/62-ZcTNMtts




Stamps: Floating Chevrons
Stencil: Boxes Stencil, Skinny Chevron Stencil
Other: Sending Sunshine Enamel Stickers, Chipboards - Time for Two





Never forget to keep your eyes open where ever you are - inspiration for any art work can come from anywhere! Also, keep your eyes open for Smile Spotting (link).

See you soon again,
Terhi xx


3 comments:

  1. Stunning page and great use of vibrant, cheerful colors! Great video and lovely use of the acrylics with stencils and chevron love!

    ReplyDelete