Saturday, July 25, 2015

Saturday Scrap Scenes with Terhi - Adventure




Hey all, it's Terhi here with a new scrapbook layout made with gorgeous Create A Smile products. I thought to try out some new techniques and turn the Boxes Stencil to soft and round background.




Few days ago I cleaned up my scrapbook papers and found some lovely light grey colored papers, they were quite old but still they inspired me. I immediately saw a horse layout made with those papers and I printed out a black and white photograph with me and my lovely hairy friend in it.
I wondered how to bring horse back riding onto the layout without words. Obviously I could have used some horsy papers or embellishments but for me it's all about feelings.
Riding a horse is a tough thing. You need to be as relaxed as you can ever be, you need to sit down and not disrupt horse's movement, still you need to be tough and strict with orders you give and need to think always one step further. It's soft and hard at the same time, need to feel it and do the work at the same. How to draw that on paper!?
With Boxes Stencil I got straight lines to the paper, as well as with the straight paper slices. Playful teal and mint green background coloring reminds me about the softer side, and how good it feels to move together with a friend that big.



It's quite a challenge to try to include any sounds, music or other voices to a paper crafting project. But rhythm is one of the most important things with riding, so I chose to use number stamps (29 Again) to give some drive.
Capturing your memories to scrapbook albums is precious, but as I don't like to write things onto pages I prefer create the feelings on the paper.



Please find the video below or watch it here.
Even though I never thought I would, but today I'm sharing another kind of process video for you - with me talking in it! Hope you like it.




Stamps: 29 again
Stencil: Boxes Stencil,
Other: Sending Sunshine Enamel StickersChipboards - AdventureChipboards - Heart Circles

   



Our Create A Smile Instagram includes lots of sneaks of upcoming products and projects!

Have a great day!

Terhi xx

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!!!!! Gorgeous color! Love the numbers!! So cool!!! I am crushing on your style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing, truly beautiful. I would frame this and put it on my wall. You really created feeling in this layout. Thanks so much for the video and talking through all the steps.

    ReplyDelete