Samantha here, and today i'm going to share a card that is sure to make you happy, just looking at it!! Well, that's the idea, anyway! Ha!
This card really came together because I wanted to play, and I wanted to color! Nothing more other than plain old fashioned FUN! Ha! I love getting messy with Distress Paints, so that's what I did!! :)
To create this card, get ready to get messy, and most of all, get ready to experiment! Every time I create with Distress Paints, or Inks or Markers, I get a different result, and that's what's so much FUN!
- on a Kraft mat, add lines of color in a rainbow order with distress paint and spritz with water
- using a strip of watercolor paper, lightly press down into the color puddles and swipe to one direction and you pick up the paper!
- set aside to dry
- color the bear with copics (and squeal a little as you do, because the bear is just TOO cute for words! Ha!)
- trim a starry paper to fit your card base, and once dry, pop up the rainbow panel on the left side of the card
- pop up the bears head as well, slightly overlapping the rainbow panel
I used the newly released Poppin Over stamp set! It's SO cute!!
I used watercolor paper for my rainbow panel. You could use regular white cardstock, but through trial and error, I have learned a few things: the color does not stay as vibrant and the paper warps considerably. That being said, I do still use watercolors and other Distress Products on regular carstock sometimes! Totally your choice!
Do you follow Create a Smile on Instagram? You should! It's always filled with amazing inspriation and even a giveaway now and then!! It's my favorite way to be inspired!
Thanks again for stopping by!
Have a wonderful weekend!