Saturday, July 18, 2015

Watercolor Flower

Hey stampers, Anni here!
Today I have a card for you using the beautiful flower from Botanical Love and the awesome new German sentiment set Glück Ist.





I really love these new sentiment sets from the last release: Glück Ist and the English one Make A Wish. Both are Christine's handwriting which makes same so unique. I don't know why but the look of them makes me think of watercolors. So I needed a set to combine with that goes well with watercolors. Botanical Love is perfect for that!




  • Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment.
  • Stamp the flower and the leaves in the color you want to color it on watercolor paper.
  • Color the flower,  the leaves and the background.
  • Add the panel to the card base.
  • Add some sequins and pearls.




  • I stamped the images in Distress Ink and used the same for coloring. When you add water the lines will get lost and you have an easy no line coloring. 
  • Do you know the sentence "Let the water do the work"? It is so true but I never trusted it. But this time I did and I like the outcome. I just filled the leaves with water and dipped a little bit of color in different areas. No blending, just drying on it's own, the colors blend while drying. You just have to let it go!


You still have time to join the celebration: Create A Smile turned one and we have a BIG giveaway!



   



1 comment: