Friday, February 26, 2016

Guest Designer Keeway Tsao #1

Hello everyonwe happy friday!

I am here with youtoday to share something AMAZING. When we had out last Guest Designer Call I was happy to see Keeway Tsao apply - I had followed her INstagram for a while and each and every creation she makes it outstanding, unique, clever, perfecly executed and cheerful.

More than that I found out that Keeway is a super sweet person, too <3

Please give her a warm welcome and more than that - hop over to her Blog Kiwi Koncepts - take time  to look at all her amazing designs and sign up for her creations - you are sure going to love them!

Here's what Keeway has for you today {puffa heart love!}:

_____________________________________



When I see beautiful products, I like to let it inspire me to create scenes that I can imagine myself in. In today's card, the wave of stars stencil is what caught my attention and when I imagine a beautiful sky sprinkled with stars, I would want to spend it with someone special.





- Mask off approximately an inch of the top and bottom of your A2 white cardstock with post-it tape.
- Use your blender tool to create a gradient night sky, starting with your lightest color. In this card, I used Distress Inks and started with the Tumbled Glass from bottom up, then Chipped Sapphire from top to bottom, and then a touch of Hickory Smoke on the top. Blend until the colors gradually transition into each other.
- Create two mixtures of embossing paste, one yellow and one orange. I used Distress Inks Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade.
- Place the Wave or Stars Stencil where the stars to be, and spread the yellow embossing paste right to left. Then spread the orange embossing paste left to right. The colors will mix somewhere in the middle. Let it dry.
- Stamp the meerkat from the Friends and Couples set once on cardstock, and another time on a separate piece of paper to create a mask. After you mask the first meerkat, you can stamp the second one beside it. Color in with copics. You can also add a hint of color pencil to create additional texture and shading. Then, cut out.
- To create an extra sparkle on your stars, add a hint of gold glitter. I used a Q-tip to help me add a thin and scattered layer of clear glue to add some gold glitter to my stars. I also went over the embossed stars more with my Wink of Stella pen.
- Stamp your sentiment in the top right corner of the card.
- And lastly, use foam tape to adhere the meerkats underneath the stars.



Be patient. When playing with embossing paste, it can take awhile to dry, but if you are able to set your project aside and come back to it next day, you'll have beautiful results and less chance of messing up your work. I have to remind myself that all the time.


_____________________________


Don't you just LOVE Keeway's card? The colors - the texture - the allover design - it's just swoonworthy - like all of her project. (Yes, you can call me a fan-girl - hehe ;) )

You'll get to see more of her creations this week-end - so make sure to check back!











4 comments: