Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Easter Wishes

Hello Crafters!

It's Kelly here and I'm bringing you a pretty but colorful Easter card today!


I wanted a background that had a watercolor feel without the watercolor process. I decided to see what  could do with my distress inks. 

I started by lightly rubbing on Abandoned Coral distress ink with an ink blending tool to the bottom right of the card. I tried to be random about how far I went out into the card and in what areas. I added a little bit of Carved Pumpkin for some variation. I wanted the background to be a bt more interesting so I used one of the smaller sentiments in the set to stamp a pattern using a dye ink that matched. I did both first and second generation stamping to add to the dimension. I created my sentiment by mixing the large "Wishes" with the smaller simple Easter. I love that Happy Days set. It's the perfect sampler for all holidays and occasions!! After I stamped the sentiment I outlined it with my white gel pen to help it pop from the background. 


I stamped that super cute bunny on a separate piece of paper and colored him up with some Copics. I kept the colors pretty light because Spring tends to lend itself to lighter colors and I didn't want to distract from the pop of color in the background. I finished the card off with a few sequins and a coat of Wink of Stella on his belly and ears. 

Your focal point doesn't have to carry all the color. Try mixing it up and letting your background shine. If you feel like a background needs some added interest try adding text or a repeat pattern in tone on tone. It adds some oomph without stealing the show. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Supplies;




1 comment: