Thursday, October 6, 2016

stamps on candles - part 2

Hi everyone, Nicole here.

Have you seen, Birkas video on yesterdays post? We did a collaboration and she did an awesome tutorial (on the idea I got from my friend).



My friend, Claudia, hosts crafty afternoons for kids. I helped her with some preparations and she showed me her October project. When I saw how easy it was to get stamped images on candles, I was over the moon! I told my lovely crafty friend, Birka, that she should make a video (her videos are so much fun!) and share that super fun technique.

These candles are a perfect gift. So why not make a pretty matchbox to give away as well.

CANDLES: You find all the instructions on how to make these candles here -> Birkas video. There is one in English and one in German!

MATCH BOX - super easy chalk board look:
  • cut a panel from black cardstock that fits your matchbox
  • stamp a sentiment with Versamark on black cardstock and heat emboss it with white embossing powder
  • glue the panel to the box
     That's just one way to spice up your box. The possibilities to decorate your matchboxes are  
     endless... :-)

PLEASE, never leave burning candles unattended !!!


I used dye ink for the leave stamp and Tombow Markers to color my images

schön, dass es dich gibt / clustered leaves / doctors helpers / cool buddies

There are many ways you can use your stamps. Think outside the box, get inspired by others... It's so much fun to use your stamps for all kinds of projects. 

And if you want to know, how I did that paper pumping, hop over to my blog: Frau Vögeli




Are you a big fan of Create A Smile? Have you seen, that there are "Fan Merchandise" bags in the store now? There are 19 (!!!) different colors! How fun is that!

Have a lovely day!
Thank you so much for stopping by :-)


5 comments:

  1. Dear Nicole, this is such a lovely idea! And I love the white sentiment on the black cardstock. I have to copy this. Thanks for inspiring me.
    Hugs, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole, I love this idea. Can you provide more information on the paper needed to stamp the images on the candles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In German it's called "Seidenpapier" which means silk paper. It's the tissue paper or wrapping paper you can get at craft stores. It very delicate and thin. One side is silky or slippery (that would be the one you stamp on) I hope this helps.
      Have a lovely day
      Nicole

      Delete