Wednesday, January 11, 2017

((VIDEO)) Valentine Card Set with Lovely Critters

Hello crafty friends! It's Jess and today I have a set of cards and a video with Lovely Critters and the Solid Hexagon Background stamp.








For today's cards I wanted to make some valentines for a card drive so I decided to create a simple design that could be reproduced easily. I was able to make 8 cards by repeating the process in two different color schemes





For today's card I started with the Solid Hexagons. I wanted to to create a subtle background paper for my critters. So I stamped with an ink that closely matched my cardstock. In the video I show you a couple different ways to stamp a background stamp and hope you find one that works for you and your collection of supplies.



I watercolored my critters with Gansai Tambi watercolors which are super vibrant and really helped my critters pop. For a full tutorial check out the video.



Even if it's not very traditional I love the way a black background makes bright colors pop off a card so I gave each of my scenes a simple black border.


Please feel free to share in the comments which card you liked best from this little set. 






Creating a tone on tone background makes it easier to stamp the sentiment directly onto your card.















You still have plenty of time to enter the Create a Smile challenge this month. The theme is Cute! You could win a 15€ gift card!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely!! The black and the little bit of texture the background has really does make the colors pop.

    ReplyDelete