Friday, March 24, 2017

Cannonball Layout!

Hi there!
Samantha here and today I'm sharing a layout!


     

It's been a hot minute since I've created a layout, and when I came across this photo of my boys jumping in the pool last summer I knew it was time! 


So let's make this layout!

- using Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers), I smooshed the ink pad onto a piece of old sticker packaging, spritzed with water and then smooshed THAT plastic packaging onto my white cardstock.
- once it was dry, I stamped the "summer time" phrase in the same ink over the watercolored area


- my title uses the CUTE alphabet stickers in yellow, and I LOVE that it tucks right into that space between the two overlapping chipboard hearts!


- I used some white embossing paste and a stencil to create an abstract-y wave look
- I machine stitched a bunch of the elements, including the chevron enamel shapes! LOVE how this layout came together!



The same watercolor/embossing paste look can be created for cards, too! (Just don't include the photo! Ha!)


I used the Curvy Lines stencil for the faux waves! The mini stamp is from the Sending Sunshine Kit, and the letter stickers and enamel dots are from the Beach Party Kit! I used the chipboard Hearts as an embellishment and I LOVE them! 

    
I am in LOVE with those letter stickers! And did you know that they come in a rainbow of colors?! Who doesn't love rainbows!? Ha!

~Samantha


    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment