Friday, March 17, 2017

Friends Like You

Hi there!
Samantha here again on the Create a Smile Stamps blog! And today I'm sharing a card inspired by St. Patrick's Day!



     

Since I knew I would be posting on St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to create a card using greens and things, but NOT make an actual St. Patrick's Day themed card! So I used the day as inspiration and made this! Love it! 


I seriously love how this came out, so let's make it together!
- on a piece of watercolor paper, stamp your images with a permanent ink
- using Distress Stains in Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers, I randomly added the colors onto the leaf images!
- I let the colors dry on their own, and then added more colors on top - love the layers of color!


- once dry, I fussy cut out the leaves
- on a piece of white cardstock, I stamped part of the background stamp image in a light grey
- next, I arranged the leaves on the card and popped up my sentiment with some foam tape!


I colored this image with copics, but you could easily paper piece this image if coloring isn't your thing! It's so easy to cut out and that koala is just plain cute, no matter what! Ha! 


I just HAD to use my favorite set EVER - Time to Say Thanks! It's my MOST used stamp set! Ha! I used that Color Your Polka Cling Stamp for a little bit of interest on the background!  And that BEAUTIFUL scripty and text-y sentiment is from the Friends Like You stamp set! LOVE this combination of sets! 

    

Do you like to use stencils on your projects? I LOOOOOVE stencils! Create a Smile stamps has SO MANY amazing, and unique stencils! Be sure to check them out

~Samantha


    


1 comment: