Friday, March 10, 2017

Happy You're My Friend

Hi there!
Samantha joining you on this happy Friday and I'm so delighted to share a little rainbow with you today!


     

You may want to sit down for this...I have NEVER used this stamp set before!! I KNOW!!! So once I realized that, I knew I had to make a card with it RIGHT away!


So let's make this card!
- on a piece of watercolor paper, create a rainbow background. You can do this LOTS of ways! For my card today, I used Ken Oliver Color Bursts! It really makes backgrounds SOOOOO easy! 

- set aside to dry
- on a piece of white cardstock, stamp the dandelion image randomly on the background in a light grey ink and then splatter some of the grey ink onto the paper


once the rainbow background is dry, heat emboss the sentiment in white and then die cut out the banner shape!
- pop up the banner on your card and finish the card with some sparkly, clear sequins! :)


I don't have a MISTI or stamp positioner, but if YOU have one, I would recommend it for stamping onto watercolored paper surfaces!! It just ensures your image is clear, crisp and complete!! 


Scripty stamp sets are so popular right now, and I'm totally LOVING this mini Happy to Call You My Friend stamp set! Also, the banner was created with the Stacked Pierced Banners Die!  

    
Am I the only one obsessed with Pretty Pink Posh sequins?! Did you know you can order them from the Create a Smile Stamps Shop, too?! Oh yeah - everything you need all in ONE stop!! 

~Samantha


   

1 comment: