Friday, June 16, 2017

A Happy Pirate Scene!

Hi there!
Samantha here! And today I have a cute little summer scene, full of scallywags! Ha!




     

Well, it's summer, it's hot, and we go to the beach all the time here in South Carolina! It only made sense to color up some fun pirates! Ha! 


Let's create this card together!

- stamp and color your images (I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to watercolor all of the images)
- once dry, fussy cut and set aside
- on your cardfront, mask off everything but your island
- blend the sand with Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber Distress Ink and sprinkle on some watered down color when dry


- then, using Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks, add the ocean color!
- next, apply the stencil and go over all of the blues again! instant depth!! Love it!


To add even more fun to the scene here, I popped up a few of the elements with foam tape! I think that really helps add depth to a card! 


Oh, those cute pirate koalas really are my favorite! I just LOVE them! All of the stamps are from the All Hands on Deck stamp set! Adorable! And I used the Curved Lines stencil for to add dimension to the water!

    

Create a Smile Stamps has a huge variety of stand alone die sets!!! They have gift card holders, word dies and shape dies!! Which one is your favorite!?
~Samantha

        

No comments:

Post a Comment