Monday, June 19, 2017

D.I.Y. dies.......



Hi there it's Anja again with another card for you today.

 
The other day I found a nice blogpost over at the blog from Jennifer Mcquire. I loved the ideas using coordinating dies in so many ways. Create a smile has beautiful stand alone dies but no coordinating dies. So I had to find another way to create my card.
 



I started with a topfolded white cardbase. Cut a piece of patterned paper just slightly smaller then the cardbase.
With the rectangle die I diecutted some white cardstock and stamped the elephant in the middle.
I stamped the elephant onto some scrap of paper and cut it by hand leaving a small outline like you get when you use a coordinating die.
Cut this "die" 6 times out of some paper and glued them all together. Make sure you use the mirrored image to cut since we have to place it behind the elephant.
Placed the "die" behind the elephant and temporarily adhered it to the card.
Run it through the diecutting machine with a embossing pad and sandwich and you get an embossed image like it's a puffy sticker.
Stamped the sentiment and build the card. for some extra interest I used some twine, sequins and a strip of patterned paper.
 
 
 
Stamps;
Cool cuts;
 
 
 
 
Patterned paper;
 
 
 
We love to see what you create with the create a smile stamps supplies and join us over at Facebook, instagram and/or pinterest.
Have a great week;
ANJA

1 comment:

  1. Really cute card! I love the white highlights on the elephant~ (I always forget to add those to my projects, haha |D)

    ReplyDelete